The DDMS Perspective in Eclipse lets you access all of the features of DDMS from within the Eclipse IDE. The following sections of DDMS are available to you:
- Devices - Shows the list of devices and AVDs that are connected to ADB.
- Emulator Control - Lets you carry out device functions.
- LogCat - Lets you view system log messages in real time.
- Threads - Shows currently running threads within a VM.
- Heap - Shows heap usage for a VM.
- Allocation Tracker - Shows the memory allocation of objects.
- File Explorer - Lets you explore the device's file system.